6.13.2013

Sarah Pugmire



Let's meet Sarah Pugmire.
Awhile back, I told Sarah that she should start a blog. She said that if I do a post all about her and how awesome she is, then she would consider it. So here goes!

Sarah Pugmire is a gem. We were in the same ward at BYU. (Enter extravagant BYU fanatic photo...)


We were both living at the cute little Chandell apartments on 50 East behind Brick Oven in Provo. I had seen her around, appreciated her style, and a few of her comments in church but I hadn't spent much time around her. When most folks left for the summer, that's when we bonded. 


We started walking to work every morning together, watching Gilmore Girls, making popsicles, going to ward activities, planning Saturday's Warrior movie watching events, driving to Alpine and Pleasant Grove, swimming in my parent's pool, making dinner, and talking about boys. It was a pretty rough summer because I was thinking that I was going to be getting married and done with single life. In some of my toughest moments she was there to help me analyze my life and single status, and read books on the topic (book club on a blanket out front of our apartment as I read excerpts aloud from John Bytheway's "What I Wish I Knew When I was Single"). She convinced me to go to more ward activities, even this pioneer trek re-enactment. She helped me remember how much I love my life just the way it is. She made me laugh and she even laughed at my jokes too. 



So imagine my delight when she asked if I wanted to join her and her cousin in an apartment for the next year of school. I was super pumped. And it ended up being a fabulous year. The best senior year at BYU a girl could ask for. And a big reason for that is because of Miss Sarah Pugmire herself. 



After college I moved to Dallas and then she moved to San Diego. We've had a few visits in Utah and a wonderful day when she was here in Dallas! (Of couse I took her to Central Market.)


Well, Sarah is getting married in just a few short weeks and although I can't make it to the wedding, I've been thrilled to be part of it through the design of her wedding announcements. I just got these beauties in the mail this week! 








Congratulations Sarah! Love ya girl! 

2 comments:

emily snyder said...

this bring tears to my eyes and i think about how blessed we all are because sarah is in your life and thus ours! she is truly beautiful, wonderful, and a blessing to know. what a lucky, lucky man who gets to hang out with her forever.

becca, thank you for having such wonderful friends that i get to know and love too.

Vanessa Vogel said...

pretty sure you tried to convince me to start a blog and i never got a post devoted to me...what the heck! luckily i didnt need this to kepp it going...slowly. ive made it past the year mark!